Saturday 7 September 2013

I'm back!!! ^_^

*7*

I'm finally back into the blogging world...

Sorry for the long delay, I have written a post for almost two months I think and that's because I've been really busy whilst holidaying in Hong Kong. I took a lot of food pictures whilst away so ill make then into food collages before posting them in a separate post. However in this post I wanted to show you several cosmetics/beauty products that I bought it received as samples when I went shopping in Hong Kong. The products ill mainly be reviewing are Korean companies such as Holika Holika, Etude House and Tony Moly so I hope you'll like it. There's a lot to get through so ill try posting a new review each week (sometime in the weekend because ill be busy with school work on weekdays- just started A levels and I'm taking maths, English literature, philosophy and psychology) 

So I hope you like the reviews and in the mean time ill leave you with some pictures of the upcoming products. Oh and what I really loved about these beauty and skincare shops when I went to Hong Kong, apart from actually getting to there :3 was there generosity. Some of them are just super duper nice and offer you free products when you spend a certain amount which is really great because then you can test out even more products. When I went to Etude House, I got several little samples, at Holika Holika, because I went with my sisters and aunties we all spent a lot and put the bill together so receive a crazy amount of gifts (they were very kind :D) and at Skinfood instead of giving us lots of little samples they gave us an option of two full products. One was a suncream protection lotion and another a deep sea water brightening toner. No doubt I chose the toner to hydrate my skin in the cold weather in London. The bottle is large, no joke and i'll be able to use it for a looong time. 



Some samples I received, there were more but I shared with my sister and some of them aren't suitable for me, so I gave them to my mum for her to use





Some products I bought and received as presents from my relatives

Oh and tomorrow i'll be making 2 different mini mousse cakes- a rich chocolate crisp mousse cake and a rocky road marshmallow cake so ill also have a review on how they go. I bought this little cake book in Hong Kong that I just found too adorable and each of the little cakes are only about 3.5 inches in diameter so you make about 2 each time. It's a great way to make more things and use up ingredients so that you don't waste which is what I'm doing! 



What I love about this book is not only its compact size (smaller than a4 but bigger than a5) but that it's really pretty and decorated inside. A lot of thought has obviously gone into this book and with each recipe comes a picture. I personally don't like it when there aren't any pictures for a recipe because I want to see how it turns out and how it should look. 

There's a huge variety in cakes within the book ranging from chocolate, fruit, caramel, cheesecake, sesame and tea flavoured!!! So there's bound to be several that you like, I know that I've found tons in here that I'm dying to try and I'm going to go through them one by one. >•< plus it even has recipes for steamed cakes and the presentation is just WOW. There are simple designs that look great but are still easy to do and slightly more difficult ones that are fab looking but none of them I'd say are challenging which is great right?!

 I'm not sure if you can buy this book online but if you're in Hong Kong go to big book stores and you'll probably be able to find it (it'd be helpful if I remembered the name but I can't so sorry). Urm but I haven't actually noticed it in the shop PageOne so you could look there but...

See you in my next post!

Follow me on instagram to keep update @mylittlebitofheaven

Thank you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment