Thursday 26 September 2013

Cute Korean/Chinese style shorts Part 1



*9*

It's autumn!!! And flu season... :/ urgh sorry for the lack of posts, I've been caught down with a cold for like almost a week now :( and I always get the feeling I need to write long posts but I think now ill alternate because then I can update more :D 

Now I love summer so I'm sort of sad that the weather is starting to get colder...no wait... It's not! We're having this mini heat wave come back again so it feels like summer :D I can't tell you how happy I am because I really dislike the cold. I only like it when it snows because it feels really festive and looks so pretty...

So, now that I no it's sort of touch and go I'm really trying to make the most of it. I have to wear more summer clothes before the chance disappears! Literally most of my clothes are for summer, cos in the winter you tend to cover up more like with jumpers and cardigans etc 

I bought several pairs of shorts in Hong Kong all of which are different style and from different places. But they're all from little shops as opposed to commercial companies. Ohmygosh there was this time where I saw the most gorgeous shoes ever, sort of converse style, just above the ankle, had a platform about 1 inch high, soft grey coloured and had a material lace pattern on the back half of the shoe! SHOE HEAVEN! I fell in love with it at first sight because it was a good height, pretty colour and subtle detail of lace on the side and back and most of all it was so cheap. It was about 15 pounds!!!!!!!!!! All of the ones I've seen that I liked in Hong Kong were like 40 pounds so this was such a bargain buy. 

You can imagine how excited I was but then there biggest size was 39 and it didn't fit :( usually I'm a size 39 but maybe this was Japanese sizing so smaller as my feet were cramped right to the front. I was shattered :'( I didn't get it in the end because obviously it didn't fit and also the woman there was so sweet she was like don't buy it don't buy it because it'll hurt your feet if it doesn't fit. 

Usually they all tell me nah just buy it, if you wear it more often the shoes will listen and you'll fit into it :/ yeah, no. I'm not falling for that. She was so genuinely nice so I wished even more I could have bought it... 

So anyway, these are the 3 pairs of shorts that I bought, all at amazing prices, probably no more than 10 pounds each.






This was the first pair that I found, it’s the first pair of high waisted shorts I’ve owned and I think they’re really cute. I love the summery pattern of the light blue background against the contrast of the large flowers. The pair of shorts is elasticated so it looks great with an oversized jumper on top or tuck in a t-shirt for that stylish ulzzang look. The pockets are also really cool as instead of having a regular cut, it’s like culottes. 







I love this pink pair because it’s such a pretty colour. The dusty pink works really nicely both in the summer and in the winter. Therefore it’s very wearable and because the design has no pattern you can wear loads of different colours on the top. You could team it up with a cute cream blouse in the summer season or an oversized grey jumper when it gets a little chilly.  I love the cute detailing of the lace at the bottom plus the cute embellishment of the gold rose buttons. It’s cute and makes the style a little more girly!







This third pair is much more casual but I love it because it’s so unique. Giraffes are my favourite animal and I’ve never seen giraffe shorts. The material is thicker than usual and nice and sturdy and the slightly off white colour keeps it simple against the navy giraffes. There are also pockets at the front as well as the pack which is handy though I probably wouldn’t use the ones at the back ;)

So which pair do you like the most? Next post I’ll do a part two where I’ll take pictures of me wearing the shorts with different pieces to create different styles. 

Thanks for reading!!! 

Catch me on instagram: @mylittlebitofheaven

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love shopping in Hong Kong too, the shorts are very pretty! I especially like the floral ones. Get well soon, I hope your cold goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete