Saturday 15 June 2013

Off to eat dim sum...

*1*



Hi everyone!!!

So this is my first post on blogger (a very short one)but I hope you like it and enjoy what I write :D

Tomorrow as many of you will know, it is Father’s day in England…so, as a pre celebration my family and I went out to eat Dim Sum. This is a Chinese cuisine which features many small dishes that you order individually and most of them will contain either three or four pieces. We always have this when we go to Hong Kong but whether we eat it here or there; we always order very similar things. 

I love Dim Sum because you can order lots of different yummy things and you won’t feel too full because you are only having a bit of each so that’s great, more of different foods!!! However because you are ordering separate dishes, if you do end up ordering quite a large amount, the price can…well…hurt your purse let’s say ;) So make sure you take care to only order what you really want and have an estimate of the bill because no one likes to end up with a shock of a hefty price once you see the bill right?! Totally ruins the meal, so eat wisely :) 

Here are some of the things that we ordered:








We chose to get a variety of things, dumplings, rice, buns… So you can definitely have your pick! And of course, it is traditional to drink tea with it because the tea soaks up the oil from the food making the digestion easier ;) This is why people will call it Yum Cha. Have you heard of it before? It means ‘drink tea’. Simple as that~~~

So anyway, I had a great day out and I will be making a cake tomorrow which I will post about. Hopefully, it’ll turn out scrummy but that plan is a Japanese sponge cake, iced with fresh whipped cream and decorated with an assortment of fruit! I love Japanese cakes, they are light as air and taste so  heavenly, so it’s a shame I can’t buy them over here *hunh* Oh, so if any of you know where to get these Asian style cakes in London or thereabouts, do let me know. I’d be super happy to find some place. 

That’s it for today’s post.  

See you in my next post hopefully! 

Stay happy and have a great day =^><^=

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... dim sum. They're so good. These photos are making me hungry for lunch and it's only 9am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was super tasty and aha well you can look forward to your lunch then :D

      Delete